Please take the time to read these terms and conditions carefully before booking on this site because by booking a trackday, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. If you do not wish to agree to these terms please do not proceed with your order. If you require any clarification of these terms before booking please contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 026 7272.
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO EUROPEAN EVENTS WHEN WE WILL WRITE TO YOU 6 - 8 WEEKS BEFORE THE EVENT WITH FURTHER DETAILS AND A REQUEST FOR THE BALANCE PAYMENT.
Details of the contract formed between you and Focused Events
After placing an order, and once payment has been received in full, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging the details of your order. Please check the details carefully and inform us immediately of any discrepancies.
By booking a track day through the site you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
The confirmation email will also contain Focused Events Itinerary for the event. The terms of the Itinerary and the Registration Form will also apply to the contract between us.
Cancellations (UK - for European Events please scroll down)
Please note that we are unable to offer refunds, transfers or cancellations within ten days of the event.
Any name changes, transfer of places and cancellations outside of ten days of the event do not encounter an admin fee. Any name changes made within 10 days are subject to a 10% admin fee.
All cancellations outside ten days of the event will result in a credit note.
Please note this applies to UK bookings only. European Terms & Conditions remain the same and can be found if you scroll further down the page.
Focused Events are not responsible for any adverse weather conditions that may affect circuit availability - however if an event is cancelled due to weather conditions and no circuit activity has taken place, then we will transfer your booking to another date or issue you with a full booking value credit note.
Focused Events cannot be responsible for third party costs incurred due to any cancellation.
Please note that we, Focused Events, reserve the right to change requested rider groups and group structure without prior notice.
Focused Events cannot be held responsible if on the rare occasion a support service, instructor or star rider does not appear at an event.
Please note: there is a £15 - £20 surcharge for on the day bookings, and we cannot guarantee there will be a space. The rate varies according to the size of the event.
If payment is made by credit card there will be a 1.95% additional charge for this type of payment. Debit cards incur no additional charge.
We maintain the right to cancel any reservation or booking up to and within 12 hours of an event. We will transfer any cancelled booking to an alternative event, any price difference will need to be paid by the customer, or issue a credit note for use at a later date. The credit note does not have any time limit applied.
Current deals and offers section in the FE website
Please note all offers and deals are attached to the terms and conditions. These can be found on the website.
Acknowledgement of Risk
Motorsport is dangerous and can involve injury or death. Despite Focused Events taking all reasonable precautions, accidents can happen. By attending a track day, you acknowledge this and confirm that you are aware of the nature of the activity and attend at the venue at your own risk.
Focused Events may remove from an event any persons who are acting against the interests of safety and/or whose behavior is likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury.
Focused Events are not responsible for any loss, damage or injury to persons or of property caused or sustained by you as result of attendance at any track day, save for liability for death or personal injury arising from Focused Events negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
You must bring your photo card I.D. part of your full, current, unrestricted (not 33bhp or 47bhp restricted), valid UK driving licence issued by the DVLA and present it at registration. If using an ACU licence you must be 18 years of age or older and if using a Scottish ACU licence you MUST bring your passport to confirm your age.
ALL RIDERS MUST WEAR AT ALL TIMES, WHILST ON THE CIRCUIT:
one piece or two piece leather suits that MUST zip together the whole way round, this means 360 degrees.
A helmet that meets BSI 6658 type A and the ACU gold stamp
Leather motorcycle boots
Leather motorcycle gloves ideally with a cuff strap
Ideally a back protector
Titanium sliders and boot edges are prohibited.
The vehicle you intend to use must be in good condition mechanically and suitable for its intended use on the track. It is your duty to ensure that the vehicle remains in this condition for the duration of the activity, in the interests of your safety and the safety of others at the circuit. All vehicles must also comply with the noise regulations in place for the event.
The bike you intend to
use must conform to the noise regulations for the event and are policed
by the relevant race circuit. If your bike does not comply you will be
prevented from riding until the noise emissions are addressed. It is
your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle complies with the noise
regulations and Focused Events cannot offer any refunds, transfers or
credit notes if you are unable to take part in the
This runs annually from 1st January to 31st December.
No dates accrued in one year can be carried forward to the next.
Brands Hatch GP and Donington Park events will be limited to 10 free "9th day" slots per event. Other events may also have limited free 9th day slots.
To qualify for GP discount you must be registered on our website and the booking processed via your account. Only the registered user qualifies for discount and not any additional riders booked.
All first time track days riders must wear a Focused Events yellow jacket, as it identifies them to other riders that this is their first track day and will ride in the novice group. The cost of the yellow jacket is £5.00.
Gift vouchers are valid for one year. They are not transferable. They can be used towards the majority of UK events, European events, hirebikes and personal instruction. Minimum value of purchase is £50. Vouchers can be refunded within 14 days of purchase and will be subject to a cancellation fee of 15%.
All hires bikes are subject to an indemnity and availability so please call us on 08450267272, regarding this before booking. They come with a full tank of petrol but after that you will need to pay for any additional fuel. The hire fee entitles you to a maximum of six sessions per event.
The indemnity fee varies according to the bike booked and is taken at the beginning of the event. As long as the bike returns as it was hired out to the rider, we will refund the deposit .(please see miscellaneous section for refunds). Hire bike deal packages are subject to changes with fleet renewal and availability which might incur additional costs. Any damage to the bike will mean that we will not refund the deposit and you will no longer be able to use the bike for the rest of that event. We do not allow the use of hire bikes from other companies on our days for safety and insurance reasons.
Where hire bike models are fitted with adjustable settings THEY MUST NOT BE CHANGED. Anyone who is found to have altered the settings will not be allowed back on track and all monies paid will be forfeited.
PLEASE NOTE HIRE BIKES ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR EVENING OR OPEN PIT LANE EVENTS.
Season Tickets provide great value for our regular riders. They have the following conditions;
- Season Tickets are non refundable and non transferable and can only be used by the Season Ticket holder.
- All Season Tickets have an expiry date and events must be attended within the time limit of the Season Ticket.
- Season Tickets are not valid for Brands Hatch GP events.
- Season Tickets do not form part of the GP Club discount scheme.
- Cancellation of attending an event once booked is subject to the existing terms and conditions for booking an event.
European Events & Off Road Events
For our European events a non refundable / non transferable deposit is required to secure your place.
Should you wish to cancel your booking prior to full payment being made then you will lose your deposit.
Once full payment has been made we can only offer a name change to any booking at a 15% admin fee of the total cost of the booking.
However, once we are within 28 days of the event we will be unable to offer any change to the booking. If you cancel an event Focused Events cannot be held responsible for any third party costs already incurred by yourself.
If Full payment of a balance due is not paid within ten days of the closure date, we reserve the right to cancel the booking with the loss of the deposit.
Focused Events require you to have track day insurance to cover you specifically for riding a motorbike on a race track whilst you are on track at our European events.This is to ensure that in the unlikely event of an accident, the proper medical care can be given and if required repatriation can be provided. There are three types of insurance you should consider for a European Trackday.
- Trackday Insurance. This is mandatory for riding on tracks in Europe.
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). As with all holidays abroad, it is always sensible to cover yourself against any unforeseen eventuality, no matter how much you think it will not happen to you. Whilst you are with us on a European Trackday, this is no different and that is why we insist that you have with you an EHIC Health card which is free. This is simply a matter of filling in your name, address and national insurance number and you can apply online at www.ehic.org.uk or calling 0845 606 203 to apply for your card.
- Personal Travel Insurance. This is an option for you, but highly recommended as, depending on the policy, it could cover you for travel cost reimbursement (should you be unable to attend for some reason) or for loss of valuables during your trip (e.g. misplaced or stolen items).
- Motorcycles in transit: Please note that we will not accept any responsibility for paintwork that has not been applied correctly and cured in an oven. We will also not accept responsibiltiy for wrap damage.
Focused Events cannot be held responsible for any changes to flight times and/or schedules by Airline carriers.
We also cannot be held responsible for the attitudes and considerations of airline staff.
We maintain the right to cancel any reservations or booking in relation to European events.
Focused Events maintain the right to remove customers from European events when they do not act or behave in the best interest of other customers on the event, hotels or race circuits and no refunds will be given.
Focused Events reserves the right to change the accomodation on offer.
Focused Events accommodation prices are based on 2 sharing. Single room requirements will incur a single-occupancy supplement. Non-riders accompanying you in event accommodation must pay the accommodation fees incurred.
We cannot be held responsible for European circuits cancelling, transferring or terminating or adjusting dates and therefore cannot be held responsible for 3rd party costs associated in connection with this.
Bike Drop off and Collection
Customers can bring with them, 1 bike (please note: machines of extra size ie: adventure or touring type, have to be notified and there may be an extra charge based on size) 1 kit bag, 1 tool box, 1 set of stands, 1 set of wheels or tyres. these have to be in the prescribed limits as set out in the pre-event pack sent to the customer. there will be charges for additional items and over weights on allowances.
Drop off and Collection times : customers are required to drop off and collect at the prescribed times. Outside of these times can be arranged for £20. However if machines are not collected within 3 days of the collection date, and by prior agreement and a booking of the £20 outside time collection fee, there will be a £10 per day charge levied to cover the cost of storage and insurance, until the collection has taken place.
We cannot pay any compensation, damages, expenses, costs, losses or any other amount of any description or otherwise accept responsibility if we have to change or cancel a booking or your booking cannot be provided as or when agreed, or your booking arrangements prove deficient or you suffer any loss or damage of any description (including death or personal injury) as a result of circumstances or an event beyond our control, which we could not foresee or avoid even after taking all reasonable care. Such circumstances will usually include war, terrorist activity, civil unrest, industrial dispute, fire, natural or nuclear disaster, bad weather and all similar circumstances and in all such cases whether, actual or threatened.
European hire bike prices are charged at a day rate and come with a serviceable set of tyres.The indemnity deposit for European hire bikes is £750,( this amount may vary dependent upon the machine being hired) which is taken at the beginning of the event and returned as long as the bike returns as it was hired out to the rider, any damage to the bike will mean that we use the deposit to repair any damage done and may, if necessary require the rider to contribute more to cover the damage already caused and to bring back to the required level of indemnity deposit amount. In the event of damage to the hire bike you may not be able to use the bike for the rest of that event. Customers are responsible for fuel used and must return the bike with a serviceable set of tyres. Customers are responsible for all cost of repairs should any damage occur.
Focused Events Transportation Insurance cover
The following inner limits will apply
- Clothing and associated Kit - £1,200 per customer
- Tool and Tool Boxes - £500.00 per Customer
- Customers Bikes - £5,000 any one bike
No cover is provided by Focused Events from the point at which the bike, kit and tools insured are off loaded at the Event(s) until such time as it is reloaded.
PERSONAL EFFECTS AND TOOL KITS
1.1. PROFESSIONALLY PACKED GOODS
Subject to the following clauses
- Inventory Warranty Warranted that the full valued inventory is completed and signed by the owner of the goods prior to the commencement of transit.
- Average Clause This insurance is subject to average and in the event of the sum insured being less than the total value at the time and place of loss of the insured property, the Insured shall only be entitled to recover such proportion of the loss as the sum insured bears to the total value of the insured property.
- Pairs and Sets Clause Where an insured item consists of articles in a pair or set, the Insured shall not be entitled to recover more than the proportionate sum insured in respect of the particular part or parts which may be lost or damaged.
- Depreciation Clause liability is restricted to the reasonable cost of repair and no claim is to attach hereto for depreciation consequent thereon. In no case shall liability hereunder for such repairs exceed the sum insured in respect of the damaged article.
- Non Contribution Clause This insurance does not cover any loss or damage which at the time of happening of such loss or damage is insured by, or would but for the existence of this insurance, be insured by any other existing policy or policies.
- the risk of confiscation
- the risks of Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Derangement
- loss or damage due to moth, vermin, rust, mildew, mould, wear and tear or gradual deterioration
- loss or damage caused by climatic &/or atmospheric conditions or extremes of temperature
- Excluding the risks of BREAKAGE, CHIPPING, BRUISING, SCRATCHING, DENTING, BENDING, AND MARRING absolutely
- Cash, bank notes, cheques, money orders, postal orders, national savings certs, premium bonds, stamps of any kind, travel tickets, passports, manuscripts or documents of any description, medals, coins, bonds, securities, travellers samples, jewellery, watches, personal ornaments, precious stones &/or metals, furs and any other article of a like description. Mobile phones and electronic equipment such as but not limited to IPods , Ipad, tablets, laptops satellite navigation equipment , bike cameras , cameras and the like.
- Perishable goods, acids, paints, aerosols, medicines and liquids of all descriptions.
- the risks of Electrical and Mechanical Derangement
- loss or damage arising from atmospheric or climatic conditions
- loss or damage caused by freezing of coolant
- the risks of rust, oxidisation or discolouration
- loss or damage to accessories unless declared prior to shipment
- loss or damage whilst the insured vehicle is being driven under own power or whilst being towed,
- except whilst being loaded or unloaded from the carrying conveyance
- the risk of confiscation
- Excluding the risks of BRUISING, SCRATCHING, DENTING, COST OF REPAINTING, RUST, OXIDISATION AND DISCOLOURATION
- any claim recoverable under a policy of motor insurance
- third party liability
Times of Arrival
starts at 7:30 am
You must produce your driving licence (photo card or old paper licence), at the time of registration. Please note that photocopies cannot be accepted.
is 8.30. Any rider who misses the safety briefing will miss their first
session Sign-on for Brands Hatch on Sundays is 8:30am and Mallory Park
on Sundays which is 8:00am with the safety briefing an hour after
Signing on starts at 4pm
Safety briefing is at 5pm. Any rider who misses the safety briefing will miss their first session. Evening events are run as two group sessions, Novice/Intermediate & Intermediate/Fast, NOT the 3 group structure operated during the day.
TANK MOUNTED CAMERAS and BRACKETS or HELMET MOUNTED CAMERAS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
Photography and Production of Coverage Other than taking still photographs for personal, non-commercial and non-promotional use, no riders, passengers or their guests are permitted to take commercial photographs or videos without the prior consent of Focused Events.
Please note: No animals are allowed at any of our track days
Refunds: Any refunds made to debit or credit cards can take up to 3 days to appear on your statement.
Bookings made as a deposit for UK events with a debit or credit card with the request to pay on the day will be debited for the full amount of the event if attendance is not met.